Friday, September 9, 2011

Dear Bully


Finally got my copy of Dear Bully, no ratings with this one. You cant judge other's experiences or stories. There is a lot of emotion in this read. I wish everyone who has been bullied or who is a bully to read this book.

This book is POWERFUL!!!!! Everyone has dealt with a bully sometime in there life. I encourage you all to write your own Dear Bully letter........
Here's mine

Dear Bully,

I use to love swimming, I remember spending all my summer at the pool with my best friend. I was only trying to "be cool", like you. Join in on your conversation, maybe make a new friend. You kept me underwater for what seemed like hours. By the time you let go of me, my lungs were burning from the lack of air, the water, and just fear. I never told anyone, not even to this day. You took a joy away from me, but you did give me something in return. You put such a deep fear of drowning in me that when I had kids, swimming was one of the first things to learn. My husband taught each one to swim. Not just for fun, but for survival. So thank you, thank you that my kids know what to do if they are ever in a situation where they are held underwater. They know how to save someone else's life. They know the importance of swimming safety. Maybe one day I'll even try to go back into the water, who knows.

Your not to funny joke,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment